Hours of Operations: 8am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday (Open during lunch). For your convenience you can renew your registration on line: Txdmv.gov
Duties & Responsibilities of the TAX ASSESSOR-COLLECTOR from the Texas Association of Counties.
Because of the wide range of responsibilities performed by the assessor-collector, most citizens deal with this office more frequently than any other.
County tax assessor-collector offices provide most vehicle title and registration services, including:
- registration renewals (license plates and registration stickers)
- vehicle title transfers
- change of address on motor vehicle records
- non-fee license plates such as Purple Heart and Disabled Veterans license plates
- disabled parking placards
- copies of registration receipts
- temporary registration
The county tax assessor-collector is also responsible for the collections of special fees imposed by the county and state on alcoholic beverage permits.
The Central Appraisal District collects property taxes and assesses the value of property for property tax evaluation.
For Property Tax Information and questions, please contact:
Central Appraisal District
216 W Hospital St
Nacogdoches, Texas 75961
Texas Department of Transportation - TXDOT Regional Office