1. CPS cases are prosecuted by the Nacogdoches County Attorney's office (936-560-7788).
2. The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (formerly known as CPS) is located at 2027 N. Stallings Dr., Nacogdoches, Texas 75964. Their telephone number is 936-569-7931.
3. All children named in the cases will have a Guardian Ad Litem appointed from a pool of trained volunteers from the local CASA organization (Court Appointed Special Advocates). Their number is 936-560-4711.
4. All required hearings will be scheduled in court (except for the initial 14 day hearing). The Court Administrator will work with you to schedule hearings that are convenient for you.
5. If you are retained before the 14 day hearing, contact the Court Administrator at 936-560-7799 to learn the date and time of the hearing.
6. Attorneys who are retained by families must file a notice of appearance and contact the Court Administrator to be informed of hearing dates and times.
7. The Judge shall initiate the questioning of the CPS worker(s) at all 14 day, 60 day, permanency, and placement review hearings. All Counsel will be given an opportunity to question the witnesses.
8. Our County Attorney's office, CPS, and CASA will earnestly work with the families of the children if the families are willing to work with them.